Thursday, July 18, 2013

Götze Arrives to Bayern

Götze Arrives to Bayern

The €37 million man is in Bavaria! After FC Bayern activated his buyout clause, the 21-year-old German prodigy was not allowed to join the team...until today.
He has landed, and has revealed what could be his first public comments on what it was like leaving the club that brought him into football.


"It's where I grew up, and I spent almost my entire youth career with BVB. I've had to leave behind many friends and my family. But I'm really looking forward to the new challenge now. It's what I wanted - out of conviction. I aim to take the next step in my career with FC Bayern. That's why I'm here, and I'm really looking forward to it."
Mario Götze via Nikolai Kube, (FC Bayern's Official Website)

Pep Guardiola, as he has done with many of the players in his first week, left a good impression on Götze the first time the two have met.
"He's brought a lot of momentum, and he preaches a philosophy I can really get along with. He comes across as very relaxed and he’s friendly towards the players. He’ll take us a long way, and every one of us will benefit."
Mario Götze via Nickolai Kube, (FC Bayern's Official Website)
Götze also mentioned that the "false nine" roll could suit him, considering he's played that position before in his youth, as well as for the German National team. Right now though, he's focused on getting fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment